International Humanitarian City
Established in 2003 by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the International Humanitarian City (IHC) has grown to become the world’s largest and busiest logistics hub for humanitarian aid with nine UN agencies and nearly 50 NGOs and commercial entities as members.
The IHC puts Dubai's expertise in transport and logistics to work for aid agencies as they reach out to help the victims of crises and families whose lives are scarred by hunger and poverty. The IHC's capabilities and strategic location — within eight hours by air to two-thirds of the world's population — have helped deliver assistance in some of the worst humanitarian crises of the past decade, including the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia, the recurring drought in the Horn of Africa, civil unrest in Afghanistan and Darfur, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Also, IHC has been heavily engaged in the emergency responses to Syria and Philippines.
Dubai Hosts the World Humanitarian Day Walk in the World’s Largest Mall
Under the Patronage of UN Messenger of Peace and Chairperson of International Humanitarian City HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Ras...
UAE-funded projects for Syrian refugees kick-started in Jordan
Earlier this week, as part of a generous USD 5 million donation from the Government of the United Arab Emirates, UNHCR announced that the implementation of the donat...
- Bangladesh floods test disaster response improvements
- Libyan health care on life support
- Red Cross to Kenyatta: send troops to quell clan clashes
- Sri Lanka suggests moves to investigate war-time missing
- "Third wave" of malaria resistance lurks on Thai-Cambodia border
- Afghan mining law “could strengthen armed groups”
- Does the global HIV response understand sex?
- Blood woes in Burundi
- Lessons to be learned from the MERS outbreak
- Silver lining in Ebola gloom
- IHC celebrates World Humanitarian Day in Dubai with 'Walk for Humanitarian Heroes'
- Hamdan Bin Zayed: "The world needs more humanitarian effort"
- On the Occasion of this year's Humanitarian Day; Dubai Cares lauds role of volunteers
- Kuwaiti activists celebrate World Humanitarian Day
- UN to Honor Kuwaiti Emir for his humanitarian role
- Walk at Dubai Mall to mark Humanitarian Day on Aug 19
- Saudi Arabia donates $100 million for UN counter-terrorism in Iraq
- Oman ends 3rd batch of aid to Gaza
- Katara's Gaza solidarity fest raises QR148.64 million
- Emirates Red Crescent implements three-stage relief plan for Arsal refugees