International Humanitarian City
Established in 2003 by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the International Humanitarian City (IHC) has grown to become the world’s largest and busiest logistics hub for humanitarian aid with nine UN agencies and nearly 50 NGOs and commercial entities as members.
The IHC puts Dubai's expertise in transport and logistics to work for aid agencies as they reach out to help the victims of crises and families whose lives are scarred by hunger and poverty. The IHC's capabilities and strategic location — within eight hours by air to two-thirds of the world's population — have helped deliver assistance in some of the worst humanitarian crises of the past decade, including the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia, the recurring drought in the Horn of Africa, civil unrest in Afghanistan and Darfur, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Also, IHC has been heavily engaged in the emergency responses to Syria and Philippines.
IHC Attends the UNHCR Annual Consultations with NGOs in Geneva
The International Humanitarian City (IHC) has concluded last week among NGOs from around the world the Annual Consultations with NGOs organized by the United Nations...
International Medical Corps’ First Annual Asia Regional Conference in Dubai, UAE
International Humanitarian City (IHC) hosted International Medical Corps’ first Annual Asia Regional Conference in Dubai, UAE from June 9th to 11th. The conferen...
- Boko Haram steps up Cameroon raids
- Innovation - What's new?
- Uganda teen pregnancies’ plan under fire
- Practicing peace in wartime
- New permits offer few gains for resettled Zimbabwean farmers
- Analysis: Conflict dynamics on Kenya’s coast
- NGOs against MONUSCO drones for humanitarian work
- Israel/Gaza – how does it end?
- Rosewood plunder in Guinea-Bissau
- Capturing Asia’s aid response lessons
- Emirates Red Crescent funds Iftar meals at Al Aqsa Mosque
- UAE's Human Appeal International (HAI) continues relief efforts in Palestine
- RAF dispatches "Convoy of the People of Qatar" to Gaza
- Qatar Charity and Dawa's Office Dispatch Relief Convoy to Refugees from CAR
- Kuwait Red Crescent sends medical aid to Gaza
- Emirates Red Crescent signs MOU with UNRWA to rebuild parts of Gaza
- Qatari charities increase Gaza relief
- UAE launches aid air bridge for Gaza
- OCHA commends Kuwait for its support to Iraqis in need
- Emirates Red Crescent distributes 2800 Iftar meals to Palestinians taking refuge in UNRWA schools.