International Humanitarian City
Established in 2003 by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the International Humanitarian City (IHC) has grown to become the world’s largest and busiest logistics hub for humanitarian aid with nine UN agencies and nearly 50 NGOs and commercial entities as members.
The IHC puts Dubai's expertise in transport and logistics to work for aid agencies as they reach out to help the victims of crises and families whose lives are scarred by hunger and poverty. The IHC's capabilities and strategic location — within eight hours by air to two-thirds of the world's population — have helped deliver assistance in some of the worst humanitarian crises of the past decade, including the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia, the recurring drought in the Horn of Africa, civil unrest in Afghanistan and Darfur, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Also, IHC has been heavily engaged in the emergency responses to Syria and Philippines.
Dubai Hosts the World Humanitarian Day Walk in the World’s Largest Mall
Under the Patronage of UN Messenger of Peace and Chairperson of International Humanitarian City HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Ras...
No school for half a million children in northern Iraq
More than half a million children in northern Iraq will be forced to miss the beginning of the academic year as hundreds of schools are still occupied by people flee...
- Is the EU doing enough to prevent migrant deaths at sea?
- Intimidation, uncertainty mar aid work in Myanmar's Rakhine State
- UN peacekeeping dilemmas in CAR
- Briefing: What's in the UN's new Gaza agreement?
- Ebola's economic impact hits Sierra Leone citizens
- FILM: Ultimate Betrayal – Cambodia’s orphanage scandal
- Pakistan floods affect 2.3 million
- Gulf countries: growing aid powers
- Armed groups in CAR
- Darwesh, refugee from Iraq: “I am thankful we are alive”
- UAE orders urgent relief to Pakistan
- UN High Commissioner lauds Saudi role in providing global humanitarian assistance
- Two Kuwait-funded projects inaugurated in Jordan
- Qatar Charity and Qatar Red Crescent to Establish a New Health Center in Somalia
- IHC celebrates World Humanitarian Day in Dubai with 'Walk for Humanitarian Heroes'
- Hamdan Bin Zayed: "The world needs more humanitarian effort"
- On the Occasion of this year's Humanitarian Day; Dubai Cares lauds role of volunteers
- Kuwaiti activists celebrate World Humanitarian Day
- UN to Honor Kuwaiti Emir for his humanitarian role
- Walk at Dubai Mall to mark Humanitarian Day on Aug 19