International Humanitarian City
Established in 2003 by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the International Humanitarian City (IHC) has grown to become the world’s largest and busiest logistics hub for humanitarian aid with nine UN agencies and nearly 50 NGOs and commercial entities as members.
The IHC puts Dubai's expertise in transport and logistics to work for aid agencies as they reach out to help the victims of crises and families whose lives are scarred by hunger and poverty. The IHC's capabilities and strategic location — within eight hours by air to two-thirds of the world's population — have helped deliver assistance in some of the worst humanitarian crises of the past decade, including the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia, the recurring drought in the Horn of Africa, civil unrest in Afghanistan and Darfur, and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Also, IHC has been heavily engaged in the emergency responses to Syria and Philippines.
IACAD Signs MoU with IHC
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department (IACAD) in Dubai and the International Humanitarian City (I...
Joint News Release - UN convoy into western Libya delivers food and relief supplies to displaced people
A convoy from the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) loaded with food and humanitarian supplies arrived Saturday in western ...
- Libya aid push constrained by insecurity
- Ebola and the media – Nigeria’s good news story
- Zimbabwe's Tonga fishermen cut off from Zambezi lifeline
- Polio cases surge in Pakistan
- Sana'a power vacuum hampers aid response
- Resilience planning – some do’s and don’ts
- Left behind in North Waziristan
- Ebola and "the perfect storm"
- South Sudan's Bentiu camp still a draw for IDPs
- Yemen deal brings little solace*
- Qatar Charity and International Medical Corps sign agreement for relief efforts in Syria, Africa
- Qatar Red Crescent to hold Support Gaza auction
- Alwaleed Foundation Holds National Consultation for The World Humanitarian Summit (WHS)
- Qatar Charity completes projects worth QR77 million in 16 countries
- Saudi Arabia pledges $500 million for Gaza reconstruction
- UAE assists flood victims in Pakistan
- UAE orders urgent relief to Pakistan
- UN High Commissioner lauds Saudi role in providing global humanitarian assistance
- Two Kuwait-funded projects inaugurated in Jordan
- Qatar Charity and Qatar Red Crescent to Establish a New Health Center in Somalia