WORK WITH OUR MEMBERS
The following job openings are advertised on behalf of IHC Members.
Interested candidates are requested to follow the specific instructions listed in each vacancy notice.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Kuwait seeks to fill the following position for its Dubai Mission:
Humanitarian Affairs and Partnership Office, 100%
The position is based in Dubai with possible travel in the region
Our successful candidate will have a proven track record in project design, management and implementation particulary in the humanitarian sector. A background in public relations or communication is of added value. They will have an ability to establish and maintain a network of internal and external contacts that will ensure a smooth and effective running of the department requirements. A pleasant, social, culture sensitive and solution-oriented personality with utmost respect of confidentiality is a definite must.
- Engages and manages relationships with UAE humanitarian entities both within selected government ministries and public/private sectors.
Analysis, strategy & reporting:
- Devise & adjust strategies with prevention objectives for interaction with key stakeholders
- On-going research and analysis of trends in UAE charity/humanitarian field, Islamic movements and related political situation relevant to ICRC while staying abreast of institutional strategies and ploicies
Events & positioning:
- Focal point for allevents organized by and/or with the ICRC in the UAE and identification of key external events and conferences where communication and attendance are beneficial to the organization.
- Ensure compliance with relevant external legal requirements and internal ICRC policies
Engagement with Humanitarian actors and the Private sector (corporate, charities, foundations):
- Assists the Management in engaging relevant corporate actors, private foundations and exploring new ways of partnerships.
- For all activities under responsibility, will ensure planning, definition of objectives, sequencing, budgeting and delivery of identified projects in support of set objectives of the mission.
- Any other duty required in support to other departments or to the mission.
Selection Requirements and Experience:
- University Degree in Media/PR or any related field
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of UAE charities’ landscape and local culture
- Ability to produce high quality work with accuracy and attention to details
- Must treat all information with the utmost confidentiality
- Respects diversity and enjoys working in a multi-national, multi-ethnic environment
- Good time management skills, even under pressure
- Excellent report writing and computer skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding. Deadline for applications:17 July 2018.
Interested candidates please apply on Bayt.com
Please note that the information on this page is provided directly by the relevant organisations and/or companies. It is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or warranty – expressed or implied – with regards to accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability, or usefulness. In addition, the views and opinions of the entities and individuals mentioned in this section do not necessarily state or reflect those of IHC, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.